The paradox of trauma is that it has the power to destroy and the power to transform and resurrect (Peter A Levine).
Trauma is a deeply distressing or disturbing event. It takes many forms from natural disasters, manmade catastrophes, abuse, and neglect. Past stressors sometimes impact us in the present.
When you are feeling impacted by past stress, here are a few things you can do.
1. Allow time to grieve losses that may have occurred in your life
2. Get your body moving. Exercise is a great way to get unstuck
3. Connect with people, do not be alone. Find comfort by being accepted by others
4. Learn to relax, relaxing the body relaxes the mind.
5. Remind yourself that you are safe
6. Ask for help. Allow others to help you. You are not alone.
For more tips and ideas go to the “Past Stressors Scale Introduction” and “Past Stressors Scale Competency” in the Training Library at CSAPerspective.com
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.