The Importance of Forgiveness

CreateApe Home Forums Take Time … to Rethink Stress Articles The Importance of Forgiveness

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    CernySmith
    Keymaster

To forgive is to set a prisoner free and discover that the prisoner was you (Lewis B Smedes).

Forgiveness is the willingness to “let go of” a wrong that has harmed you,  It’s not easy; depending on your temperament, it may take some time to gain perspective on the circumstances. What should surface is both the weight and the significance on you, with a focus on the long-run. “Is this something I can forgive, for the sake of my own well-being AND for the continuing relationship?” Or  “will I let this define or disrupt my life?”

You CAN choose to let go of grudges and bitterness that are caused by unforgiveness.  You CAN release someone else’s actions that otherwise control your state of mind, emotions, and even your health. You CAN choose to live with the peace that comes from forgiveness. The goal should be peace, not revenge or discord.

“Let there be peace on earth, and let it begin with me.”

For more information go to the “Forgiveness Competency” in the Training Library at CSAPerspective.com

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.